Singing the Chicago style blues since 1996, I have become known as “Pittsburgh’s Lady of the Blues!” My influences are Delta and Chicago style blues, from artists of yester-year like Koko Taylor, Etta James, Big Mama Thornton, Bessie Smith, Sarah Vaughn, Denise Lasalle, and Memphis Minnie.
I started singing with BMW (Blues music works) headed by Al “Big Al” Leavitt. In 2002, I formed my own band, “Blue Faze.” The next several years the name changed to “Miss Freddye’s Blues Band.”
In addition to my 5-piece electric band, I started Miss Freddye’s Homecookin Trio in 2010. An acoustic side of blues! I perform with both bands around western and central PA, West Virginia &eastern Ohio.
In 2008, my band competed in the West Virginia blues competition, won for the state, and went to the 2009 International blues competition representing the WVBS!
In 2012, I competed in the Blues society of western PA as a duo act with my band mate and guitarist Greg “G-man” Casile, and won! In 2013, we went to Memphis for the IBCs representing BSWPA.
I have performed in many major blues festivals, along with many smaller ones. Some of my favorites are:
- Pittsburgh Blues Festival
- Heritage Blues Festival
- Riverside Blues Festival
- Charlie west Blues Festival
- Heston Arts and Music Festival
- Carnegie Blues Festival
- Spot Bar Blues Festival
- Blues, Brew, & BBQ Festival – University of Charleston
- Simply Jazz & Blues Festival – Beckley, WV
- Old Home Days Celebration & Car Cruise – Fertigs, PA
- Scottdale Music Festival
I have opened shows for Eden Brent & Janiva Magness and performed with Mississippi Heat, Duwayne Burnside and Mississippi Mafia.
No matter how busy my schedule, not a year goes by without me singing for a variety of select benefits near and dear to my heart!
- Homeless veterans thru the Veterans Leadership Program of Western Pennsylvania
- Breast and cervical cancer awareness thru adagio health
- The Evergreen Boys and Girls Club of Indiana, PA
- Pittsburgh community food-bank drive
- Relay for life thru the American Cancer Society
- Veterans Administration
I also perform at festivals, community fairs, local and regional venues.
“Mama smilin’ cause she loves the way the flow of music reaches out all the time!”
“If you need info on hiring me for your special event, please contact me and I’ll get back to you ASAP!”